Cold allergy - one of the many types of negative responses of the body to various external stimuli.The name of such allergies suggests that an allergic reaction occurs under the influence of cold temperatures.
Until recently, medicine has rejected such a diagnosis, because the allergen provokes a specific response of the body as such, there is only the physical effects - cold.No allergen - no allergies.
But when exposed to cold air in some sensitive individuals there is a significant release of histamine, which causes a reaction as in other types of allergy - the development of edema, vasodilation, redness, and itching of the skin and mucous membranes.This is the response to a decrease in the temperature of the skin thermal receptors.
Causes cold allergy
Why does cold allergy?This question is medicine does not know the exact answer, but the following factors have a particularly sensitive individuals may experience a strange kind of allergy:
- If rapid change in finding a person in an environment with normal air temperature in the environment of low temperature - in the winter, especiallyin windy weather
- upon contact with cold water - in the home when washing dishes, cleaning, bathing in open water
- By drinking very cold drinks and cold food
Allergy to cold is not rarely develops after severe diseases and long-term treatment with antibiotics,it is believed that she has a genetic predisposition, may occur against the background of infectious diseases (eg, tuberculosis) or parasites (roundworm in children, adults, pinworms in children, giardiasis.
have a strong, tempered the body with a strong immune system, such temperature differences do not causeno reactions.
However, in the case of decrease in protective forces, systemic disorders, severe diseases, violation of metabolic processes in the body may cause this type of allergy.Stress is known to be the main risk factor in the failure of immunity, stress-proof so people tend to get sick less often and have good health.
Precipitating factors for cold allergy:
- presence of allergic reactions to other stimuli - food, pollen (allergy to poplar fluff) household allergy
- Some infectious diseases - mumps, measles (see measles symptoms in adults.), Pneumonia mycoplasma, rubella
- thyroid disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, cancer
- presence of chronic diseases - sinusitis, sinusitis, various gilmintozy, intestinal dysbiosis
- Recurrent skin diseases - dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis
- hereditary factor
There are caseswhen such a reaction is a hereditary nature, that is inherited and is most often a reaction to windy weather than cold.A symptom of this allergy is a burning sensation, and not itchy skin.
How are allergic to cold?
How are allergic to cold?Symptoms of such allergies can have different manifestations - from mild symptoms that disappear after some time after exposure to a cold environment to severe recurrent skin rashes.
- Review creams from allergies for children
- Can be temperature for allergies in children and adults?
- Calcium chloride allergies
- allergy on the skin around the eyes
Skin manifestations - the most common symptoms.These include - redness, swelling, itching, open areas of the body that come into contact with a cold medium.After some time, the skin starts to hurt, itch, and can blister like hives.
Cold allergy in children can even cover the inner surface of the legs, hips, knees, and manifest themselves in the form of urticaria.Rash pink, tight, itchy, but takes place in a few hours.There are cases where after the cold skin is not just red and itchy, but also covered with a layer that starts to peel off, as in dermatitis.Sometimes in place allergy eventually bruises.
Most often cold allergy on the face, on the hands, because these places are more exposed to the external environment, they are always open and more vulnerable.
General malaise - high blood pressure, shortness of breath, headache, and weakness.
Allergic rhinitis - the appearance of runny nose, sneezing when entering the cold air.Swelling of the nasal mucous membrane may be either very difficult nasal breathing, or completely cover it, and returning to a warm room all the allergy symptoms disappear.
Symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis - tearing, swelling around the eyes, swelling of the eyelids, pain in the eyes.And there is hypersensitivity to bright light.For the differential diagnosis, be sure to consult an eye specialist and dermatologist, because if the cold comes profuse tearing, this may be a sign of tick lesions (demodex) or fungus, etc..
Diagnostics cold allergy
If youappear similar symptoms, you first need to visit the physician and immunologist - allergist.After a set of diagnostic and laboratory tests, it will be possible to ascertain the cause of allergic reactions.Cold allergy, symptoms of which are similar to other types of allergic reactions should be differentiated from other diseases.
- Sometimes small children preschool cold allergy on the face similar to atopic dermatitis, neurodermatitis.
- often related allergic symptoms occur in idiopathic dermatosis.In this disease, heat and cold skin receptors are misaligned.Swelling, lacrimation, sneezing, shortness of breath arise when both cold and heat.
- intolerance fur of some animals - rabbits, mink, chinchilla, woolen fabrics, fleece - can also be confused with an allergy to cold.Dressing clothing, going out into the cold, the man returns with a rash and nasal congestion, as a result, you can evaluate it as a reaction to the cold, but not allergic to wool or fur.
- similar situation with perfumes.Usually, the perfume applied to the forearm, neck, face, and allergic rashes can be caused by just cosmetics and perfumery, but not cold.
If you have symptoms it is important to establish the diagnosis, and only after the differentiation of allergy symptoms, the doctor can confirm the disease.Then, the question arises: Are allergic to the cold treated?
How to treat allergic to the cold
impossible to eliminate the allergen such as cold, making the fight against this disease quite difficult.If a patient diagnosed with an allergy to cold treatment in this case is purely symptomatic.Perhaps only by means of antihistamines slightly reduce its appearance or to protect the most exposed parts of the body from the effects of freezing temperatures.Reduce the manifestation of allergic reactions is possible if:
- Before going out into the cold to lubricate the face and hands - baby cream children, adults - any fat cream.The lips should be lubricated with hygienic lipstick.This is partly overt protect skin from cold air.
- very good effect has badger fat, it is rich in unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins B, A, has only a positive effect on the skin.For 20 minutes before going out into the cold, you can lubricate the exposed skin badger fat (lips, cheeks, nose, hands), unless there are serious liver damage, you can use it inside for 40 minutes.before breakfast, 1 tbsp.fat spoon.
- Long warm gloves, a better waterproof mittens for children, warm scarves, preferably in the presence of hooded outerwear - it effectively protects from wind and retain heat better.
- Herbs, if they do not have allergies, can also help in the development of hives, which appears as an allergy to cold.Very useful burdock root, tricolor violet and walnut leaves.To collect the raw material should be mixed in equal proportions 2.spoon the mixture, pour a glass of boiling water, to insist for 1 hour, strain and drink the resulting broth to 60 ml 3 p / day.
- Also useful properties have pine cones (see. Pinecones stroke) or spruce, to prepare the broth needed bumps 4, they should be ground in mills or a meat grinder, add water and cook over low heat for half an hour.Strain the broth, it can be cleaned with chapped and rough skin every evening.
- If you have a cold allergy, the symptoms of which minor, the gradual hardening, wiping, can strengthen the immune system and reduce the body's response.But for small children and people with intense symptoms - hardening contraindicated, as fraught with development of complications such as anaphylaxis, angioedema, laryngeal edema.
- In cold weather, you can use antihistamines (complete list of all the tablets from an allergy to this article.)
|Antihistamines creams, ointments (ointment from dermatitis)||skin cap, Gistan H contains hormonal substances (list of all hormonal creams and ointments)||150-160|
|Gistan, La Cree - zkstrakty contain herbs, use them if they are not allergic||170-190|
|aids skin irritation when||Panthenol spray and cream foam||150-300|
|Antihistamine drops in the nose (rhinitis with cold za20 minutes beforethe frost)||Allergodil||280-300|