See also: Causes of swelling under the eyes
skin around the eyes is the most delicate and thin, it is 4 times thinner than the skin on other parts of the body.For this reason it is more susceptible to rapid aging and more responsive to different chemical stimuli, causing an allergic reaction.Very often allergic to the eyes begins in the fall and spring, when the immune system is exposed to seasonal adjustment and more vulnerable to the effects of allergens.
Allergy around the eyes, on the eyelids: Causes and Symptoms
Symptoms of allergies on the eyelids eyes can be as follows:
- swelling of the eyelids, itching
- Increased lacrimation
- Redness of the skin around the eyes
- Dryness of the skin around the eyes
- skin peeling
- Rarely, but there may be discharge from the eyes
However, it is necessary to differentiate allergic reactions with inflammatory edema, conjunctivitis.It is recommended to be examined by an allergist, get tested:
- skin tests with allergens
- scraping the conjunctiva
- study of tear fluid to determine the number of eosinophils
- determine visual acuity
- spend biomicroscopy - the cornea, the eyelashes, the edges of the eyelids, conjunctiva
The most common allergies on the eyelids eyes seen in people already have any other allergy, it may be seasonal allergies to pollen, food allergy, allergy to perfumes, etc. The causes of allergy in the skin around the eyes:.
- beautytools, creams, gels, decorative cosmetics, even a nail polish (see. harmful substances in cosmetics, creams)
- poor diet, food allergies
- subcutaneous mites, which can be in the frame of the old points
- allergic to the sun
- veryoften sensitive skin around the eye reacts to ordinary tap water (see.what water is better to drink), so to determine the cause of allergies, try to avoid contact with water, and only hypoallergenic makeup removing creams.
- manifestation of allergies on the eyelids eyes often associated with disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, intestinal dysbiosis.
To clarify the causes of allergies should consult the following physicians: dermatologist, gastroenterologist, allergist, endocrinologist.
Allergy Treatment around
eye first necessary to identify the allergen, and then try to correct it.If cosmetics or drugs, it is sufficient to cancel and stop using them for eye allergies with antihistamines, and later try to avoid their re-use.If the allergy is very severe, the doctor may prescribe hormones to relieve the itch, and if joins a bacterial infection, it shows and antibiotics.
Antihistamine drugs for oral administration:
- Cetirizine - 1 tablet 1 time per day Price of 40-60 rubles, drops for oral administration of 240 rubles..
- Chloropyramine - injection.The price of 80 rubles.5 ampoules
- Tsetrin - Table 1.daily in mild it can be every other day.Price 150-160 rubles.
- Tavegil - and Table.and ampoules, the price of 150 -180 rubles.
- Suprastin - price 130-140 rub.
- Zyrtec - pills, the price of 240-250 rubles.
- Levocetirizine - pills, the price of 170-300 rubles.
Learn more about choosing the best tablet on the allergy list, read our article.
cream for allergies on the skin around the eyes:
- Advanta - hormonal ointment, cream (price 360-390 rubles) - 1 is applied once a day to the affected area with a thin layer.This non-halogenated synthetic glucocorticosteroid, which should be used with caution, not long, only on prescription.
- Celestoderm - cream (price 270-280 rubles) a glucocorticosteroid, too, has a quick effect, but with frequent and prolonged use of any hormonal agent causes side effects such as an effect of habituation, the expansion of blood vessels at the site of treatment, skin atrophy, the appearance of rosacea.You should use these drugs in short courses and in extreme cases.A full list of all hormonal ointments for skin diseases, psoriasis, and their side effects in this article.As well as the cream of allergies for the children.
additional funds to eliminate the allergy on the skin:
- Nagipol - (cost 80 rubles), brewer's yeast tablets or any brewer's yeast with zinc, they help to improve skin condition in general.
- Lotions of herbs - to soothe the skin and reduce allergy under the eyes, you can apply cotton pads soaked in the infusion of chamomile, sage, succession to the area of allergic lesions.To prepare the infusion should be 1 tablespoon of medicinal herbs, pour a glass of boiling water, let stand for 30 minutes.Then wet the cotton pads in the infusion and apply to eyelids, every 2-3 minutes further wet the wheels and so continue for 20 minutes.
eye drops for allergic conjunctivitis:
If allergy and allergic conjunctivitis is attached on the skin, you should use eye drops from conjunctivitis.Eye drops against allergies only prescribed by a doctor.
- Opatanol - composed olopatadin, at 380-420 rubles.
- Allergodil - as part of azelastine, price 310-330 rub.
- kromogeksal - disodium salt, the price of 100 rubles.
- Lekrolin - kromoglitsievoy acid, price 120-135 rub.
Most often allergy on the skin around the eyes caused by cosmetics, which comprises the protein molecule, phospholipids or polysaccharides, and combinations thereof.This may be a mascara and cream, nail polish and even powder.Always necessary to test new cosmetics for the skin of the forearm must apply a cosmetic wait reaction for 10 minutes, then applied to only a part litso.Esli cosmetic product has ethylenediamine (stabilizer used in creams), imidazolidinyl urea (preservative)n-phenylenediamine (in hair dye), paraben and formaldehyde - play it safe and avoid such products, the use of it is fraught with the emergence of allergic contact dermatitis.Ideal to use skin care products with no additives or preservatives.It is possible to achieve, and the therapeutic effect, and decorative - cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing the skin.