Giardiasis is considered parasitic disease, the causative agent of which are the protozoan parasites - Giardia.
Getting in the human body, these single-celled organisms in the event of a favorable environment can begin to actively proliferate, leading to serious violations of the gastrointestinal tract.
When giardiasis in adults symptoms resemble disease biliary tract and liver, as well as reduced full absorption of essential nutrients, leading to a general malaise.
According to statistics, 40 percent of humanity infected with this type of parasites, and only 20 percent have clinical symptoms of the disease.Given that adult resistance to such invasions, and lyamblionositelstvo asymptomatic, many experts argue that the level of contamination is much higher than official data.
How do you get Giardia?
Giardia in the environment present in an inactive form, as so-called cysts that live outside the body of about 3 months.Getting into the gastrointestinal tract, they can reproduce by fission of the pair in the places where they accumulate much.How does the infection giardiasis in adults and children?How is giardiasis?
- Violation of personal hygiene, dirty hands, that is, oral-fecal by
- Eating unwashed fruits, vegetables, salads
- Infection through sexual contact, non-compliance with the rules of hygiene
- use of unboiled water, even in the spring water thereGiardia cysts
- The large number of flies in the rooms, they are the main carriers and sources of Giardia infection.
- Nemozol with giardiasis
- Symptoms of giardiasis in children
- Pinworms adults
- Pinworms in children
Infection giardiasis is more common in children, so the incidence ofin children up to 70 percent.It is believed that giardiasis in adults occurs in three times less than in children, because adults got stronger immune system people more likely to have the stability of the digestive system to the various parasitic infestations.However, often when giardiasis in adults, symptoms may wear erased character, and people do not apply for a thorough medical examination, taking some of the symptoms of giardiasis other disorders of the digestive system, or exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Symptoms of giardiasis in adults
symptoms of this disease depend on localization of parasites in the body and on the duration of the defeat of the body of these protozoa.After entering the cysts in the gastrointestinal tract of an adult can only stay lyamblionositelem, without the characteristic symptoms of the disease, but when reproduction lamblia is a massive character, giardiasis manifest clinical symptoms of the following diseases:
1. cholecystitis, biliary dyskinesia
2.enteritis, duodenitis, enterocolitis, dyskinesia 12 duodenal ulcer
3. allergic reactions - the occurrence of asthma and allergic cough, bronchitis, atopic dermatitis is often associated with the presence of human giardiasis
4. Depression - Giardia in the life process of a mass release of toxins that depressingThey act on the nervous system, causing inexplicable depression, sadness, apathy.
5. If an adult or child diagnosed with vascular dystonia, should be screened for the presence of giardiasis, as the symptoms of giardiasis in adults and children in the chronic stage similar to this symptom.
Given the above, giardiasis symptoms in adults may be as follows:
- Weight loss as a result of reduction of appetite, nausea
- Dyspepsia, change constipation diarrhea may appear foamy chair
- soreness, bloating, increased abdominal rumbling, sometimes sharp pains ingastrointestinal tract, heartburn, belching
- Slack pain in the navel, in the right upper quadrant
- Increased swelling, sweating
- Pale, dry skin, jaundice and peeling of the skin, formation of Zayed in the corners of the mouth, cracked lips
- Unmotivatedfatigue, weakness, irritability, anxiety, dizziness, pain in the head
- Nervous disorders, tics, insomnia, restless dreams.
To avoid infection giardiasis should always comply with all rules of personal hygiene:
- thoroughly wash their hands after using the toilet, before actually eating food.
- Avoid swimming in stagnant water, bathing in a lake, river, pond in any
- be careful, try not to swallow accidentally hit in the mouth water.
- Thoroughly wash all fruits and vegetables.
- Destroy flies indoors, especially where food is prepared.
- work with soil, sand is carried out in gloves.