According to the World Health Organization lyamblioz- is a parasitic disease caused by protozoa - Giardia.Every year in Russia detected over 125 000 cases of clinical symptoms of giardiasis, including more than 70 percent in infants and pre-school and primary school age.In children up to 5 years, the level of infestation by some estimates up to 40 percent, and with age, this figure is reduced.On what symptoms of giardiasis in children as there is an infection and how the disease is diagnosed, we describe in this article.
Way of infection giardiasis
How is giardiasis?The source of infection is often a person or animal, as cats, dogs, guinea pigs and other mammals are also lyamblionositelyami.The main mechanism of infection of this kind of invasion of oral - fecal and pathogen spreads by water, food and contact.In other words, personal hygiene, drinking unboiled water, dirty food, unhygienic living conditions are the causes of the spread of infection giardiasis and both children and adults.
Symptoms of giardiasis in children
Many of us think that giardiasis - a worm infestation, and although the way worms and Giardia infection are the same, giardiasis - it is not worms, are single-celled protozoa.When ingested, they can multiply rapidly enough and provoke development of various diseases, such as pancreatitis, cholecystitis, enteritis, intestinal dysbiosis, and other gastrointestinal diseases.
Zone habitat Giardia in humans is considered to be the small intestine, and if the host is dominated diet digestible carbohydrates, the growth of protozoa increased if lyamblionositel uses a large number of proteins, their reproduction and life activity slows down, fasting also inhibits the development of giardiasis.
- Nemozol with giardiasis
- Giardiasis in adults - symptoms
- adults Pinworms Pinworms
After infection have 10-12 day a person can becomethe source of infection to others, as starts to produce the faeces lamblia cysts.This period may last several months or even years, with periodic exacerbation and remission separation process pause between these periods may be up to 21 days.Intrigue of the disease lies in the discontinuous nature of the allocation of Giardia, and in the survey are not always found in the feces of the patient's cysts of protozoa.Given this fact with suspected chronic giardiasis should be repeated examination or opt for serological testing of blood.When a single case of infection infestation own ends in about six months.An infected person is the greatest danger to others after the cessation of diarrhea, that's when the cysts are allocated in the greatest quantity.
Symptoms of Giardia in children
More than 20 percent of all acute intestinal infections giardiasis in children provoked.With vigorous growth in the number of parasites in the intestines, produce toxins capable of causing poisoning symptoms, allergic reactions, nervous system disorders in children.There are no specific symptoms of giardiasis in children, and is often a manifestation of infection is very similar to other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, so parents need to know that among the children of giardiasis is widespread and possibly the following ailments a child associated with this kind of human infestation:
are the first symptoms of giardiasis in children, they show up 7-20 days after infection:
- loose stools, with fetid odor of hydrogen sulfide but containing no impurities mucus, blood, what distinguishes giardiasis from acute intestinal infections.
- Cramping in the stomach, they can be of varying intensity, depending on the severity of the pain of the disease can wear light aching in nature, or be strong cramping, pain localized mostly in the upper abdomen and around the navel.
- Nausea, vomiting rarely
- Bloating zhivota- this symptom is an integral part of the diarrhea and pain associated with giardiasis.This is due to the disruption of normal digestion, dysbiosis and excessive gas formation in the intestine.
- These symptoms can disappear on their own after 15-20 days, and giardiasis can either go into the chronic form, either spontaneously disappear after a few months, depending on the degree of infestation and the state of the immune system of the child.
Symptoms of intoxication
at massive reproduction and the allocation of large amounts of toxins from the infected child shows signs of toxic damage of the body, as well as due to the reduction of the assimilation of essential nutrients in children appear the following symptoms:
- Unmotivated weakness
- Increase in body temperature up to 37, 5 C
- Loss of appetite, weight loss
- pallor of the skin due to anemia, the appearance of shadows under the eyes
- language children often overlaid touch, breath normallythere is an unpleasant smell.
in children may occur with long-term chronic giardiasis, such as:
- decreased concentration, memory impairment
- tics, twitching, grimacing, compulsive movement
frequent companion of chronic giardiasis in children.Allergic reactions may be as follows:
- Atopic dermatitis, urticaria (see neurodermatitis.)
- Itching in the nose, in the place of punctate pink skin rash
- Allergic cough, until the development of asthma
- Allergic conjunctivitis
Diagnosis of giardiasischildren
pediatrician in our camp there is a special vigilance regarding such diseases as giardiasis, so attentive parents can themselves be suspected appearance of clinical symptoms of giardiasis in a child, especially when he visits the children's groups, the family has pets, and the child often violatesbasic rules of personal hygiene.
In a study in the general blood test for chronic giardiasis occur eosinophilia may also be monocytosis.One of the causes of the expressed dysbacteriosis is giardiasis, it reduces the number of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria, increasing the number of pathogenic staphylococci, streptococci, Candida.
most accurate factor indicating a diagnosis of giardiasis is the detection lamblia cysts in stool child.However, due to the wave-like isolation of parasites in faeces, this method with a negative result should not be taken as the 100% elimination of this disease.
One of the modern methods of diagnosis today is the determination of specific antibodies to Giardia, ie immunoassay diagnostics.For chronic giardiasis informative is the definition of indicators ELISA IgG or IgA.