- Types and mechanism of "pins and needles»
- What diseases provoke paresthesias
- Formication, hands and feet
- Goosebumps on his face and hands
- Goosebumps scalp
- goosebumps on his hands
- goosebumps on his feet
- goosebumps language
- goosebumps in the back
- state analysis algorithm when a "pins and needles»
- What can cause tingling in children
Every cell in the human body has a connectionwith the nervous system - the ancient part of it, which we do not control, and the young bark handing out commands from consciousness.Message by using the nerve fibers, and they may be normal, if they are not under pressure from the outside and the inside are not impressed.When such a situation arises, it is evident feeling as if the skin shivers run.Then this symptom is not associated with any experience of emotions and fails after switching to another thought.
What could mean this or that localization of these unpleasant sensations, and what the duration of "Run Games chills" is talking about, we explain in more detail.
Types and mechanism of "pins and needles»
tingling and crawling ants in medicine called "paresthesias".They appear in response to stimulation of the nerve endings of the brain or spinal cord.The nature of this phenomenon is that in sensory nerve endings comes several different unrelated signals layering on top of each other.As a result, the nerve does not know how to respond to this diversity of right and "comprises", numbness, burning sensation, "goose bumps", or tingling.
paresthesia is felt generally below irritable nerve area.They can be accompanied by "goose bumps" - "pimples" in the field of hair growth, which is an analog vstoporschivaniya wool or needles in animals.
Paresthesia may be:
- time , arising when sitting in an uncomfortable position, freezing, sexual arousal, feeling of euphoria from listening to music or when negative emotions.They are usually described as "tingling legs come from," and held at the termination of the irritating factor.Not accompanied by cramps, pain or sensory disturbances;
- chronic , repetitive.They are signs of the disease, and may be accompanied by two types of symptoms:
- evidence of damage to the nerve fibers.This numbness in the limbs, or only in the fingers, tingling, pins and needles.Sometimes local twitching (seizures) are developed;
- evidence of the defeat of the nerves, blood vessels are associated with this area.This is evidenced by: pale skin, deterioration of thermal and pain sensitivity, cool the temperature, loss of hair.
Transient (temporary) are paresthesia are normal and do not require medical intervention.If the "goose bumps" are running around with no visible effect on the skin, be sure to look for the cause and fix it.
What diseases provoke paresthesias
The reasons are manifold and needles.Here they first list:
- loss of nerve fibers of different locations - neuropathy;
- a high level of glucose in the blood;
- violation of nerve fibers food for patients with diabetes, poisoning, including chronic alcoholic intoxication - polyneuropathy;
- low level of blood calcium or magnesium;
- injury nerve fiber;
- loss of nerve fibers antibodies;
- varicose veins;
- Raynaud's syndrome;
- atherosclerosis of the arteries;
- insufficient intake of vitamins B1, 6, C;
- restless leg syndrome;
- tumor of nerve fibers;
- tumor in the parietal lobe of the brain;
- autoimmune vascular disease - vasculitis;
- insufficient function of the parathyroid glands - hypoparathyroidism;
- occlusive disease;
- multiple sclerosis;
- trigeminal neuralgia;
- taking certain medications;
- follicular hyperkeratosis;
- hit the sealing mass in the canal of the tooth with a living nerve;
- nerve damage when removing the tooth.
If the "goose bumps" called the external manifestation - "goose bumps", without any other symptoms, it is called this pathology follicular hyperkeratosis.
here due to violation of nutrition of the skin irritation or permanent it excessively thickened upper layer of the skin, mouth and inflamed hair follicles.Treat pathology dermacosmetologists various local and systemic drugs.
Formication, hands and feet
So symptom accompanied by many diseases.Consider the most important of them in detail.
Vitamin B1 is needed for the normal functioning of the nervous system.He participates in the development of acetylcholine - a substance that allows nerve impulse to get to the muscle, intestines, sweat glands, heart - and give him the command.His insufficient dietary intake or acceleration of its decay leads to:
- tingling sensation in the legs and arms;
- memory impairment;
- pain in the heart;
- shortness of breath;
- sometimes - even paralysis and cardiovascular collapse.
These symptoms require early diagnosis and treatment: the introduction of the synthetic vitamin, thiamine, and correction of the diet.
This reduced function of the parathyroid glands, which decreases when the level of calcium in the blood.It manifests itself not only tingling in the extremities, but also:
- painful contractions of the limbs, face and body: the hand is to the body, it "bends" in the wrist and elbow joints, corners of the mouth are lowered eyelids lowered halfway, the body bends backward;
- paroxysmal disturbed swallowing;
- there stabbing pain in the abdomen;
- may be vomiting, diarrhea;
- happen fainting;
- impaired night vision;
- «pawns" ears;
- are pain and disruption in the heart;
- hair becomes sparse, increasing the number of falling hair cores;
- scaly skin;
- large number of teeth affected by caries;
- nails become dull;
- during prolonged absence of cataract therapy.
level you are developing the same symptoms as by hypoparathyroidism, but they are not as pronounced flow easier.Often pathology manifests itself only painful spasms of the limbs and face, which follow immediately after the Run Games tingling, heart palpitations, trembling and recurrent vomiting.At extremely low concentrations in the blood of the electrolyte may develop difficulty breathing until it stops, painful bulging of the whole body.
Low blood magnesium levels
This condition manifests itself:
- lack of appetite;
- nausea, vomiting;
- body trembling or individual muscles;
- convulsions may occur, in which the reduced or the whole body bends.It is most common in children.
appearance of ants can be caused by taking drugs such as: "Ofloxacin", "Prothionamide", "Izonazid", "Cycloserine" drugs against epilepsy and reduce blood pressure.
In the case of paroxysmal (paroxysmal) rhythm disturbances people can celebrate:
- «goose", running around the body;
- chills at normal body temperature.
This state lasts for ten minutes or more;often develops night.
paralysis or partial immobility one side limbs may be preceded by a sensation of numbness and tingling running around, sometimes - on the opposite side.It also noted a headache, can be short- or long-term loss of consciousness, there are focal symptoms: facial asymmetry, different width of eye slits, the inability to speak or understand speech.
defeat of parietal lobe brain tumor
or encephalitis that develops in a proportion which is responsible for the sensitivity, accompanied by other symptoms: inability to perform complex actions, misrecognition items, if you close your eyes and feel with their hands, the loss of the ability to write.It may also be a loss of half of the visual field and loss of sense of the body's own scheme.
This condition occurs after a viral infection (primarily colds and herpes), or intestinal, caused by the bacterium Campylobacter or enterovirus.
Here in the period from 5 to 21 days after undergoing the disease to specific parts of spinal nerves are formed antibodies.This is manifested in the appearance of feeling tingling legs, gradually is reduced range of motion, impaired sensitivity.The process may appear immediately on hand.It can capture a certain amount, but it can spread toward the chest.The last symptom is very dangerous, requires immediate hospitalization in the intensive care unit, as it can progress to respiratory failure.
cerebral contusion can lead to the appearance of ants on the one or on both sides.After that it may develop loss of sensation.
disease is caused by the same virus as chicken pox;arises in those who she had once been ill.It manifested in the appearance of ants projection of any nerve, but more often - one of the intercostal.Goosebumps is preceded by the appearance of redness, which quickly pop the bubbles with clear content.Affected place bakes and sore.
Multiple sclerosis is an autoimmune
pathology when its own antibodies begin to attack the skin of most nerve fibers, resulting in the latter become "naked" and themselves begin to disintegrate.A clear sequence or algorithm fibers defeat is not so difficult to recognize the disease.
Most often it begins with a visual impairment in one eye, sensation of a foreign body in it, the emergence of ambiguity contours treated subjects.This state lasts for about a week, then it runs itself, but not completely.Later symptoms will recur.Gradually it leads to disruption of coordinated eye movements, changes in the normal reaction of pupils to light.Usually after that appear chills and pain in the face, that is the basis for the diagnosis of "neuritis of the facial nerve" or "Trigeminal neuralgia."Later develops impaired coordination, changes in handwriting, transient tremor items.
also to the initial manifestations of the disease are chills, and, burning, numbness, or tightening of the skin, occurring anywhere on the body.It runs independently and often serves as an occasion to refer to a neurologist or general practitioner.
The disease is characterized by lesions of the peripheral nervous system as a result of poisoning (including substitutes alcohol), metabolic disorders (mainly diabetes).It is dangerous because the nerves off, starting from remote areas of the body (fingers and toes) extends closer to the respiratory muscles, and may involve the nerves and commanding contraction of muscles responsible for breathing.
Manifest polyneuropathy deterioration of motor activity of the feet and hands, starting with the toes and the appearance in these areas tingling and numbness, gradual, "tripping" the sensitivity in areas of socks and gloves.
Goosebumps on his face and hands
If the skin of the face and hands are crawling shivers, this may be one of the following pathologies.
At the beginning of the face (especially around the mouth) and hands appear chills, headache then develops mainly in one half of the head.In this case, paresthesia should be regarded as a migraine aura - a state that precede an attack of pain.
swelling or inflammation of the frontal lobe of the brain
Change person (the person becomes "not the same as usual") together with the ants in the lips and fingers may indicate a lesion of the frontal lobe.To refute such a diagnosis can only neurologist, sometimes - only on the basis of MRI of the brain.
If sends shivers down your neck, it can be:
- Neuropathy great occipital nerve .At the same time in the neck to the crown felt tingling, numbness and tingling;here there is increased or decreased sensitivity.You can find the weak points in the neck.
- Neuropathy cervical plexus with compression of the sensitive nerves of his .Here, in the neck, neck, shoulder girdle and behind the ear felt pain and chills.
- Transient ischemic attack (mini stroke) .In this case, the tingling is felt for 1-2 hours, then disappears, leaving behind a focal changes.
- Bell's palsy .First, in the face with one hand felt goose bumps, then there is a weakness of muscles on that side, and then they did cease to provide the movement of one side of the mouth and facial muscles.
Goosebumps on his hands
If you notice ants crawling on hand, note that this may be due to the following reasons.
syndrome anterior scalene muscle
When this muscle overexertion, which is caused by compression of the lower trunk of the brachial plexus and subclavian artery, marked pain and tingling in the arm - from shoulder to the little finger and ring finger.When cornering, the pain gives head in the neck and chest.The arm can be marked numbness, coldness, her skin becomes pale or cyanotic more.
lesions of the brachial plexus syndrome
It is characterized by deterioration of the movement in the brush, ants and reduced sensitivity in the part of the hand that is on the side of the little finger.
manifested cooling and pallor of the fingers.According to him crawling creepy, fingers first turn blue and start to hurt, then their skin reddens and pain - subsides.Often suffer not only fingers but also the legs.
osteochondrosis, trauma, spondylolisthesis, or swelling of the cervical spinal cord
These diseases are characterized not only by the appearance of tingling in the hands, and pain in the muscles of the arms, a gradual decrease in strength in their muscles, deterioration of thermal and pain sensitivity in their hands.If the pathological process (swelling, edema or vertebrae) is compressed and the blood vessels going to the brain, to be celebrated dizziness, impaired hearing or vision.
Myositis neck muscles
Goosebumps in the hands accompanied by pain in the neck.These symptoms are worse in a certain position of the neck.Read more about myositis.
so called compression of blood vessels and nerves of the brachial plexus, which takes place in a vertical position when the shoulder belt retract and down (for example, when you carry a heavy backpack).In this case, pain when taking stand "at attention", accompanied by small ants, develops on the inner side of the hand and forearm.
Neuropathy musculo-cutaneous nerve
This nerve gives the team a lot of shoulder muscles, including the biceps, forearms reaching, divided into anterior and posterior branches.If a nerve is pinched at the elbow crease, there is pain in this place, which gives the side of the forearm and is accompanied by a burning sensation and tingling.Pain increases with flexion-extension of the elbow, forearm turns inside-out.