- chemical composition of olive oil
- beneficial properties of olive oil
- Perhaps olive oil benefits for the citizens of Russia is somewhat exaggerated
- Contraindications and harm the olive oil
- quality of olive oil depends onvarieties and production method thereof
- How to choose a quality olive oil?
Since ancient times, olive oil is considered one of the healthiest oils in the world, it is called the medicine of nature, a gift of the gods.Is it really?Residents of the countries where produce this magical product supply and use every day in their diets keep their beauty, youth and good health.
chemical composition of olive oil
Olive oil is produced by pomace crushed pulp of fresh olives.In the period from November to March is collected and Harvested olives.It is very important to obtain pure quality oil as quickly as possible to harvest and process it, as post-harvest olives oxidation occurs very quickly.The oxidation of the obtained product quality may deteriorate.top quality olive oil that is cold-pressed first consists of mono-unsaturated fatty acids:
- 60-80% of the total fatty acids belong to oleic acid, omega-9
- 4-14% of linoleic acid, an omega 6
- 15%palmitic and other saturated fatty acids (steatiko, palmitelaiko)
- 0,01-1% omega 3
- 0,0-0,8% and fragrant peanut
in addition, the composition of olive oil has a number of connections:
- polyphenols, phenols and phenolic acids
- squalene (prevents the development of cancer, especially breast cancer)
- terpene alcohols
- sterols and β sitesterol (only in olive oil, and they prevent the formation of cholesterol)
- extra virgin olive oilcontains vitamin E, A, D, K
only virgin olive oil is considered a natural, useful and of high quality.To preserve the beneficial properties of this product should only be used during the first months after the production and can not be subjected to heat treatment, that is, to put out, cook it.Many professional chefs all over the world, of course, it is widely used for frying foods, it is more stable during frying, but all the benefits of even 100% high-quality oil is lost.If we are talking about the benefits and dangers of olive oil - only the fresh oil first cold press for steaming vegetables and cold dishes has the inherent beneficial properties.
beneficial properties of olive oil
all the beneficial properties of the oil are determined by its constituent materials.Since olive basically consists of unsaturated fat (oleic fatty acid), by using vegetable oil instead of animal fat in the daily human diet, significantly reduced the level of bad cholesterol (see. The rate of cholesterol in women and men).As well as its moderate use is the prevention of diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease.
- Vitamin E, included in its composition is highly active antioxidant that helps the body to fight against aging skin and improves hair growth and condition of nails, is the prevention of cancer.
- Vitamin A, K, D in combination with vitamin E help strengthen tissue, bowel muscles, skeletal system.Therefore, it is very useful for children.
- Phenols, which are present in the oil, strengthen the immune system and slow down the aging process.
- Linoleic acid is a very positive effect on vision, improves the coordination of movements, tissue regeneration, faster healing of wounds, burns.
- Scientists have shown that oleic acid can stimulate a gene that suppresses the activity of cancer cell growth, which reduces the risk of cancer.
- Olive oil is very good, almost 100% absorbed by the human body.
digestive system Olive oil is very useful - it has a mild laxative effect, allowing many people to deal with constipation (see laxatives for constipation, constipation candles.), And hemorrhoids.Also, having a moderate healing properties, has a positive effect on the stomach, helping to alleviate gastritis or healing of gastric and duodenal ulcers.When a diet to reduce weight, this oil is ideal for weight loss, substituting saturated fats, it helps accelerate the metabolism and reduce appetite.
One teaspoon of oil taken in the morning on an empty stomach, helps to cure gastritis or gastric ulcer healing on the stage in the complex therapy.
Olive oil has a mild choleretic effect, so it is useful for the prevention of disorders of biliary tract functions.Its use helps to normalize blood pressure in hypertensive patients, so many means of pressure are made from olive leaves.In folk medicine, the oil from the olives used for back pain, if you add it to the melted wax, and be applied to the painful area (see. Ointments from back pain).
Use olive oil for pregnant women and children are also undeniable.During pregnancy, for perfect growth of the fetus, its nervous and skeletal systems, the baby brain is very necessary fatty acids.In addition, fatty acids from olive oil similar to human milk fat (8% linoleic acid) and with a common translation table grudnichka adult food and it is necessary to add it to the mashed cereal.One of the causes of various skin diseases in children is a shortage in the body of linoleic acid - the consumption of olive oil can make up for it.
Also this product is very good for your skin - it does not cause allergic reactions, is easily absorbed, but it does not clog pores, has a rejuvenating effect due to vitamin E, is very well suited for dry, inflamed skin, it helps in the fight against stretch marks and cellulite,It relieves pain after excessive exercise, a positive effect on hair and makes them shine and prevents hair loss and dandruff, normalizes the state of fragile and thin nails.However, for cosmetic purposes is better to use natural olive oil, stirring it with cream, as in cosmetics is not added quality oil.
Perhaps olive oil benefits for the residents of Russia is somewhat exaggerated
Russian citizen is better to use mustard, linseed and sunflower oil
has long been known that the best way to digest and are more useful those products that grow in the area where the person was born,where his ancestors grew.The Russian olive tree does not grow, and Russian citizen more useful oil from flax, sunflower, mustard.Moreover, olive oil is substantially free of omega-3 fats, whereas in flaxseed, sunflower oil and mustard are enough of them, they are useful for the metabolic and cardiovascular system.
vitamin E in sunflower oil than in olive
Without exception, all vegetable oils contain vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant) and vitamins A, K and D. Moreover, vitamin E in sunflower more than olive.However, use of sunflower is high, provided that it is not refined, and on the shelves of supermarkets it is our mainly refined.It is better to buy quality unrefined sunflower oil.
also important how you get olive oil, because of its quality and quantity of vitamins depends on many factors - from the place of origin of the olives, production technology, and most importantly on enriching its artificial additives, mixed with low-grade, low-quality oil or not.And certainly, that cheap oil from olives can not be natural, therefore it contains less vitamins than the native sunflower is not expensive.
in crude sunflower oil oleic acid 45%
Doctors explain the easy digestibility of olive oil so that it has more oleic acid-70%, it is very useful and has a positive effect on the metabolism, but it also unrefined sunflower large amount - about45%.
Contraindications and harm the olive oil
- most significant negative effect, the harm of olive oil can be used when people with cholelithiasis.The marked choleretic effect of olive oil is dangerous in the presence of gallstones, and people with cholecystitis should be used with caution (not to be consumed in large quantities on an empty stomach).
- Russians can not completely abandon the native vegetable oils and is better to use extra virgin olive oil in conjunction with native traditional unrefined oils - flax, mustard, sunflower.
- At abusing any vegetable oil increases the load on the digestive system and the excess consumption of olive oil is fraught with the development of obesity, increased risk of diabetes or fatty liver (see. The treatment of fatty liver).Therefore, you should not use more than 2 tbsp.spoonfuls of olive oil a day.
- olive oil, despite all its useful properties, a very high-calorie - at 100g.900 calories (1 tbsp. Spoon 120 kcal), this should be considered for those who are dieting.
- No matter what kind of oil is used for frying, if you aspire to lead a healthy life, should give up the fried products.When frying any vegetable oil loses its beneficial properties, form harmful carcinogenic substances and the use of any fried food excessively load the entire digestive system.
quality of olive oil depends on the variety and method of its production
From an industrial production method depends on its usefulness and quality:
first cold pressed - on the label of this Extra virgin olive oil
This oil is produced from fresh olives without the use ofchemicals and heat treatment, so that all its healing properties are preserved.Oil first cold pressing can not be cheap, it is the most expensive method of obtaining the product and the main indicator of its quality is the fatty acid content of not more than 1%.
second cold pressed - Virgin olive oil
This oil is obtained by first cold pressed, also without chemicals, is significantly inferior in quality, flavor, beneficial properties of virgin product.
Chemical extraction - is Olive oil, Pure olive oil, Pomace oil
- Olive oil - it pomace oil obtained from the substrate (otzhimok) using hexane, gasoline and other chemical solvents, under the influence of the heat treatment, so that neitherfood or use value is not.This oil is used to make mayonnaise and sauces (and the labels do not write this mayonnaise "unappetizing technology").To give greater value to manufacturers add a small percentage of his first and second oil extraction, however, it has little effect on the taste and medicinal properties.
- Pure olive oil - it is not a natural oil with chemicals (gasoline, kuasticheskoy soda, etc.), This marking indicates only that such a product is not added or canola or sunflower oil, and manufacturedof the substrate is distilled off from the slurry after the first or second pressing.Also it has useful properties and is much cheaper.
- Pomace oil - it also chemical extraction, unlike Olive oil, it never added quality oil and is used only in the technical sector and for the production of soap, cosmetics, creams, balsams for hair, lamp lighting, etc. .
How to choose a quality olive oil?
As oil consumption of Russian olive is already part of its 12 major customers in the world.Today, most people are well informed about what unrefined olive oil - a product of a healthy diet, the use of which has a positive effect on the digestive tract and is the prevention of cardiovascular disease and even cancer.However, due to the high cost of it is not accessible to all, and it is believed that it is better to purchase a traditional sunflower oil than the cheaper low-quality and useful olive.
not purchase refined olive oil
Refining - a bleaching process, neutralization and deodorization, after such a cleaning beneficial properties of olive oil will be nothing left, there will be no smell, no color, no taste, no benefits, only possible damage.When opening the bottle, there is intense natural flavor of olives - this is not a quality product.
Cheap olive oil in our stores - a mixture of refined and unrefined
quality oil can be expensive, the olives are collected in the winter, by hand, with 1 wood harvest only 8 kg, and for the production of 1 liter of oil it takes 5 kg.olives.labeling should be a good read on the label, sometimes very fine print stated that olive oil is a mixture of other things and does not indicate in what proportion - it's a marketing ploy and this consumer fraud.
What can you learn by
labeling oil filters generally before bottling, but more valuable unfiltered.Acidity is also considered one of the most important indicators of quality, the lower it is, the higher the quality of the oil, acidity determined by the content of 100 grams.oleic acid.The product is first pressed Extra Virgin must have acidity of not more than 0.8%.Olive oil is considered curative if the acidity of 0.5%.
If the label is marked or BIO Organic - means an organic product that is produced in accordance with strict requirements, without the use of pesticides, fertilizers, growth regulators or GMOs.It can also be a special marking PDO, which indicates that the olives produced in a certain area, and confirms that the collection and processing of olive oil were in the same place, so a certain kind of olives, with their unique aroma and flavor.
Which oil is best, Spanish, Greek, Italian?
In the world there are more than 700 varieties of olives grown from Australia to America, aroma, color and taste which affects the nature of the soil, dry, sun, stone, solitude, silence, climate conditions.The most strong, with a strong taste are considered Greek olives and oil.
world's leading producers of olive oil:
- Spain - 540 000 t / y, but it offers only 20% of the oil first cold pressed (for example, oil Ideal Extra Virgin produced in Seville by direct extraction of special varieties of olives and has a characteristicsoft bitterness)
- Italy - 420 000 t / year
- Greece - 280 000 t / year, has 80% of the oil Extra Virgin with the best price and the best quality
- Tunisia - 180 000 t / y
- Turkey and Syria - 90000 tons / year
- Morocco and Portugal - 50 000 tons / year
- Algeria - 20 000 tons / year
- Libya - 10 000 tons / year
If you do use oil for frying, it is better to buy Italian refined varietiesbecause when frying on unrefined foods acquire a specific taste and aroma of olive oil and refined oil has a less pronounced flavor, for example, or the Gracia del Oro del Cecco.For salads, of course, the best Greek unrefined Extra Virgin.
tips how to store and how to choose a good olive oil
- black ripe olives give it a yellowish color, and immature -. Yellow-green tint, the smell should be pleasant, grassy-fruity, moderately thick in consistency, with little sediment.If the oil is not homogeneous, stratified - a mixture of a low-grade.
- If you try and hold it in the mouth, the taste of olives should be felt, piquancy, bitterness, fruity flavor.If you feel the mustiness, wood flavor or rancidity - this is not the best olive oil, and stale or defective product.
- The label natural olive oil first cold press is always a 2 Naturel signatures and 100% olive oil.
- Do not buy too much, the oil oxidizes very quickly, it is better to buy it often, store in a well-stoppered dark glass bottle to + 12C, in a dry, dark place.