Ginger became popular in Russia recently, and yet it is a very ancient spice, it is very highly valued in ancient Rome and brought to the camp from the East.He added to meat dishes, desserts, soups, drinks and various baked cakes.Cultivated today this culture is mainly in China, Ceylon, India, Indonesia, and Australia, Jamaica, West Africa (Nigeria).
Before we talk about ginger root - the benefits and harms his health, you should pay attention to the fact that in Russian supermarkets fresh and pickled ginger tubers often have a Chinese origin.It is therefore important to know that you can not use fresh ginger immediately.For the production of all crops in China used massive doses of chemicals, pesticides, pre-shipment and all products is processed (see. The harm of Chinese pine nuts, causing a bitter taste in the mouth).
So before you use fresh ginger, it should be washed thoroughly, peel, then put into the water for an hour, to reduce the toxic effects on the body.Dry powder usually has impurities and coarse varieties of roots used to it - it is better not to use.The dried root changes its properties, enhanced anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, but stimulation of digestion is reduced.
Industrial production of this spice in China is highly developed - it canned in syrup, pickled, candied (boiled in sugar syrup), is used as a tincture.In countries where there is access to fresh ginger, dried product is not in demand, because of the powder and the taste and aroma of slack.Commodity ginger varieties depending on the processing is divided into:
- White - Bengali or Jamaican - is the highest grade
- Bleached - peeled and soaked in
- mortar Black Barbados -neochischenny, just scaldedor boiled
Good quality are considered not limp, dense, smooth and fresh roots, while calving they have crunch, flavor and taste of the ginger stronger.When you select should give preference to a bright and shiny root, dark worse light.If you get powder - it should not be a white-gray color, but only sand, light yellow and should be tightly packed.
Helpful, healing properties of ginger root
Ginger contains a variety of nutrients, it has a very complex composition comprising up to 400 chemical compounds, so it has many medicinal properties.Cornu pleasant aroma give the essential oils, which it about 1-3%, burning taste - gives gingerol (fenolopodobnogo substance), it is full of natural sugars, carbohydrates, fats, resins, vitamins, fiber, minerals:
- Ginger rootIt contains a sufficient amount of B vitamins (B6, B1, B9, B5, B2), and vitamin a and C
- Moreover, it is rich in calcium salts, magnesium, phosphorus and contains silicon, chromium, choline, zinc asparagine, manganese
- contains essential amino acids - lysine, phenylalanine, threonine, methionine, and others, which are synthesized by the body in very small quantities and must come from food
- oleic, caprylic nicotine and linoleic acid
- essential oils, which give it a spicy and pungent flavor.
What is useful ginger health?
Improves work GIT
Ginger is useful because it improves appetite, thus speeds up the metabolism, it is recommended to use in disorders of cholesterol and fat metabolism, thanks to the essential amino acids in its composition.This spice also contains substances that improve blood circulation, thus accelerating the metabolism and can be used for those struggling with excess weight, because stimulation of the process of burning calories promotes weight loss.Moreover, ginger helps to normalize the functioning of the intestines, regulates peristalsis.Foods that are flavored ginger root can be better absorbed by the body.
The most popular use of ginger root - is prevention and treatment of acute respiratory infections, colds, bronchitis, sore throat, because it has a mild anti-inflammatory effect.In some European countries for the treatment of common cold using ginger ale and beer, they warmed up before use, and believe that this leads to a rapid recovery.In China, the egg omelet with ginger is a folk remedy for cough, and from the root make special cough lozenges.
When any muscle, headache, joint pain - it helps reduce the pain.At home, use this ginger property as follows - grated root or powder is mixed with water and applied as a compress on the sore spot.
Another useful property of ginger - it antiemetic effect.Numerous studies claim that this product is useful to reduce the nausea of any origin.It reduces symptoms of toxicosis in pregnancy (see. Nausea during pregnancy), with seasickness, for painful menstruation in women, reduces nausea as a consequence of chemotherapy, nausea, motion sickness when in transport.
root Use ginger also lies in the fact that it is quite a strong antioxidant, it calms the nervous system, improves memory, strengthens the immune system, helps to cope with stress, improves visual acuity, concentration, helps to recover from the flu, the common cold, isexcellent tonic.
Contraindications ginger root, and the potential harm to health
Information about the healing properties of ginger a lot, but for different diseases it can harm health.Benefits and harms of ginger should be considered by people who have any serious health problems, chronic illness.Many believe that if this vegetable a remedy, it can be used without limitation, all without harm to health.At Ginger has certain contraindications and before its consumption should always consult with a physician.
contained in the composition of the root essential oils and bitterness can have a negative effect in the presence of certain gastrointestinal diseases, namely gastritis, gastric, esophageal, 12 duodenal ulcer, ulcerative colitis.It is also dangerous to use it in food at reflux, diverticulosis and diverticulitis.
Ginger can not be used simultaneously with certain drugs:
- drugs to lower blood pressure;
- drugs that stimulate the heart muscle;
- saharoponizhayuschimi drugs - it reinforces their action, which leads to a strengthening of their actions and side effects (see ginger for patients with diabetes.).It increases the risk of hypokalemia, and also reduces the effectiveness of beta-blockers.
With its use reduces blood clotting, this should be considered when taking a variety of drugs that have the same side effects.With tendency to bleeding lesions and small vessels - its use is contraindicated (uterine bleeding, hemorrhoids, etc.)
can not take it with fever, high temperature - it can contribute to its improvement.In viral infections, cold with a small temperature taking it admissible, and the flu with high fever can not be used.
potential harm ginger root possible stroke, coronary heart disease, myocardial and preinfarction state in hypertension.2 and 3 in trimester its use is not desirable, because it can cause increased blood pressure.
When skin diseases ginger can cause skin irritation or worsening of existing chronic diseases of the skin.
It is contraindicated in all diseases of the liver - cirrhosis, hepatitis, as well as gallstones.
All is good in moderation, while excessive consumption of ginger may cause allergic reactions, diarrhea or vomiting, you should not abuse this product and its consumption should be stopped with the appearance of digestive disorders or allergies.
How to store ginger root?
- entire stock of fragrances and essential oils is under the skin, so it should be cleaned gently, thinner
- Fresh root can keep the freshness in storage is not more than a week in the refrigerator.Dry root about 4 months can maintain useful properties.
- With its grinding is better not to use a wooden cutting board, absorbent juice
- root Juice ginger can be irritating to the mucous membranes, and after contact with the fresh root should wash their hands thoroughly
- for grinding is better to use a grater, it will help get rid of the hardveins, located in the root
- to keep ginger, it can be cleaned and pour the vodka, wine, and use within a few weeks as the very root, and flavored drink is as a condiment.