When in a healthy human body, the state of all organs are not burdened with various infections, urinate but relief should not cause any painful or unpleasant burning sensation and feelings.However, under favorable conditions arise, there is multiplication of pathogens in the urogenital tract that can lead to various disorders.
dysuria - it is very unpleasant disruption of the normal process of emptying the bladder, which is accompanied by a burning sensation during urination in women and men, cutting pains, tingling in the flow of urine through the urethra from the bladder.
combination of burning during urination with other symptoms
What are the symptoms can still be accompanied by disruption of the normal emptying of the bladder:
- Burning and pain over the pubis, in the pubic area
- stinging, burning sensation in the urethra in the glans penis in men while passingurine
- Drawing pain in the lower abdomen, in the area of the entrance to the vagina.Resi and burning after emptying the bladder
- pain in the groin, perineum, burning and cutting in the urethra at the beginning, at the end of urination, pain in the testicles, frequent urge men
- Single burning, pain in the morning or in the evening, and at other timespainless
- pain, burning, cramps in the evening or at night
- Repeated burning, soreness at each process emptying, frequent urination in women
- burning and pain only at the end of urination, or just at the beginning
- Blood in the urine, red urine, dark- brown - can occur due to vascular injury and inflammation of the mucous membranes of the kidneys process, ureters, urinary bladder.Red urine is evidence of fresh blood most of the urethra, and the dark brown indicates a stagnant blood from the kidneys and bladder.
- Turbid urine may be a surplus of salts, but can also be a sign of the presence in it of pus, blood, desquamated epithelium.
- Yellow-orange color of urine may be due to the highly concentrated urine due to lack of fluid in the body.
When To Call
doctor sure you must visit a gynecologist, a urologist with the aim of a complete examination, diagnosis and treatment of the following symptoms:
- If a burning sensation in women combined with the discharge from the vagina, male secretions from the penis
- If unpleasant symptoms persist for more than 1 to 2 days
- If the body temperature rises, there is a general weakness, decreased performance, severe pain in the abdomen, lower back, groin.
non-infectious causes are common to men and women
sometimes causes pain when emptying have non-infectious causes.Moreover, a person may have the disease, which is also accompanied by a variety of painful sensations during bladder emptying, but no infectious component.In the absence of an infectious inflammation, pain with urination in men and women may accompany the following states:
- Renal colic - while cutting pain, sharp, radiating to the perineum, groin, in the genitals.It provokes her hypothermia, intense physical activity, overeating, kidney trauma, urolithiasis (see symptoms of renal colic.)
- Urolithic disease - a feeling of full bladder, frequent urging, the pain at the beginning of urination - it can be stones symptoms kidney.Aggravating factors can also be a burden, a strong cooling of the body, a rich meal, violent shaking while driving on rough roads.
- movement of sand and stones .When there is a movement of stones on the urethra, ureters, urinary bladder may also experience severe pain, blood in urine, burning sensation when urinating.
- Tumors of the urinary system. When polyps, tumors in the kidneys, the urethra or bladder excretion of urine is accompanied by difficulty and pain during emptying, frequent urging.Often this is caused by the change of position of the body where the tumor is displaced, causing discomfort.
- Benign or malignant tumors other organs. When tumors in various organs such as the intestines, due to its proximity to the urethra and bladder may also be pain and slight burning sensation, it is due to compression of the urinary organs.Learn more about the symptoms of colorectal cancer can be found in our article The signs of rectal cancer
- Blockage of the ureter. With the passage of salt crystals, stones, blood clots through the urethra there are various painful sensations during bladder emptying.
- Gout. This disease is accompanied by burning, itching, pain as the uric acid salt crystals scratch mucous membrane of the urethra.
- pubic louse. If at the beginning of urination occurs tingling pubic burning, especially at night or after exercise should be checked for the presence of pubic lice.
- phimosis. When thickening of the foreskin of the penis in men impeded the release of the head, causing as unpleasant, painful sensations.
- chemical stimuli. A wide variety of perfumes, chemicals in soaps, shower gels, powders, condoms - in sensitive individuals who are prone to allergic reactions, irritation appear outer entrance of the urethra and genitalia.This burning, pain during urination in men and can be used during and after the process.
cause of the pain can be any infection
Any pathogens in case of trigger factors can cause inflammation of the urinary system.Especially frequently cause infectious diseases are streptococci, staphylococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella.For sexually transmitted diseases and sexually transmitted infections include - Trichomonas, gonococci, gardnerella, mikoplazu, ureaplasma, chlamydia, pale treponemu (syphilis) and others.
With the weakening of the immune system from hypothermia, prolonged stress, overwork, malnutrition, immune deficiency at the state or the onset of autoimmune processes possible exacerbation of existing chronic diseases.Also, these factors can trigger the growth of conditionally pathogenic flora, which in the normal state of the organism has no negative effect on the mucous membranes.
Failure to comply with the rules of hygiene is also a cause of pain, a burning sensation, as the infectious-inflammatory processes of urogenital tract most often occur on the ascending pathways from the lower divisions - the urethra, the vagina.And with constant pollution of the external genitalia, the infection can easily penetrate into the upper genital and urinary systems of the body.Improper cleaning the women or prolonged lack of hygiene of genitals and anus, promote penetration of E. coli in the urinary organs, causing cystitis, urethritis and other painful inflammation.
main causes of disease in women emptying
- infection urine-deducing ways
That is a dynamic state in which inflammatory changes very little in the process involves the urethra, at least - the bladder.Unspecified infection of the urinary tract is most often associated with sexual intercourse, and is a reaction to the flora partner or E. coli due to the anatomical features of the female crotch.
Urethritis Urethritis is accompanied by a burning sensation or pain and cramps at the beginning of urination.
most common disease, often caused by E. coli hit through the urethra into the bladder.However, cystitis symptoms may be at any other urogenital disease.At the same time except for the frequent urge to void, a woman concerned about the stinging, burning, sharp pain during urination, usually in the middle and at the end of the process.Feeling full bladder, incomplete emptying, aching pain in the lower abdomen are almost permanent, intensifying during voiding.Read more about cystitis read our article Cystitis in women - symptoms, treatment.
- Inflammation in the vagina
Such inflammation like -. Coleitis, vulvovaginitis, yeast (Antifungals in gynecology, candles from yeast), bacterial vaginosis, etc., and are accompanied by pain and a burning sensation.If a woman is also concerned about the unpleasant smell of excreta, you can read our article selection with the smell of fish in women.
- endometrial idiometritis
In these diseases the pain happens occasionally and mostly only at night.
- vaginal candidiasis and intestinal
When dysbacteriosis intestine, most often after taking antibiotics, there are a burning sensation and discomfort in the perineum, anus, vagina with candidiasis (thrush in women), acute discomfort, pain during sex.When enhanced reproduction of the fungus Candida also is burning and when emptying the bladder.
This inflammation of the kidneys, in which there is an acute pain before urination and lower back pain, radiating to the legs, dragging pain in the perineum.Relapses pyelonephritis usually arise from a strong hypothermia, excessive physical exertion, with pyelonephritis pain is most often in the evening.
- STI or sexually transmitted diseases
They are also the main cause of frequent urgency, pain, burning sensation in the beginning or after each when emptying.Among infections, sexually transmitted diseases, can identify the most common in our time - gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, trichomoniasis, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis.Details about chlamydia read our category Chlamydia in women: symptoms, treatment
- complications after infections
as a complication of severe occurrence of certain infectious diseases, for example - boils, influenza, purulent tonsillitis (tonsillitis, lacunar tonsillitis), sinusitis (Symptoms of sinusitis in adults), and others. may appear and urinary disorders.
- Any inflammatory bowel disease may spread to the urogenital system, causing such symptoms.
Causes a burning sensation and pain in men
If these symptoms occur in men after the injury to the perineum or during sexual intercourse, it is clear and there is no doubt the reason of their occurrence.Also, do not be afraid if occasionally there is burning and pain during urination from eating certain foods, such as overeating salty, spicy or acidic foods as well as alcohol abuse - with urine can cause only slight irritation of the urethra.
addition to the above common causes of non-infectious discomfort during voiding in men as well as women often occurs because of the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria in the urethra, bladder and kidney.
This is a very serious disease that is often blurred, chronic, seriously diagnosed and treated.It manifested as well as other diseases of the urogenital tract, only occasional violations of potency, burning, pain in men in the process of emptying, low grade fever, pain in the lower back, perineum, general weakness, excessive sweating.Diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in Russia in recent years is difficult, in clinics do not have enough qualified TB specialists - urologists, and men and women suffering from this disease are many.
Intrigue of this disease is that the crops of urine sometimes give false negative results for low-intensity chronic tuberculous processes.Moreover, doctors in general health is often not suspected extrapulmonary tuberculosis and very rarely sent to a TB dispensary men with chronic urethritis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis for more diagnostics.A prescription of antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) only a short time to give some relief to the patient.Tuberculosis is treated not only to fluoroquinolones, but 4-5 and specific anti-TB drugs for 9-12 months.
symptoms can be very sharp When inflammation of the urethra, pain, painful and sharp, burning, cramps during urination occur at the beginning of discharge and at the end, sometimes accompany the whole process of emptying the bladder, alsoman worried about an unusual discharge from the urethra.In acute urethritis strong pain, and when the process becomes chronic - are only mild discomfort, and in the morning a man usually finds scant or profuse discharge of purulent mucus nature malodorous, greenish color.If a long time not to carry out a thorough diagnosis and treatment, the infection pathways for upward climbs to the top of the internal genitals and urinary organs, leading to pyelonephritis, prostatitis, epididymitis.
very common disease in which there is inflammation of the prostate gland.The reason for its development are often sexually transmitted infections, the treatment of which was not made and they have acquired a chronic indolent character.In addition to the discomfort when urinating, men with prostatitis concerned about pain in the scrotum, perineum, lower back pain, they are worse after intercourse, or vice versa, by sexual abstinence, sperm occurs when stagnant.Prostatitis can be acute or chronic with periods of exacerbation and remission periods.Read our article The treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics.
of sexually transmitted diseases Chlamydia
urogenital chlamydiosis in recent years is very common, and like all long latent infections may not manifest itself by unpleasant sensations.When there is an acute chlamydia, then there is not abundant vitreous separation, sticking secretions on the external opening of the urethra, the rising low-grade fever up to 37, 5C, there is a general weakness, urine becomes cloudy, can appear streaks of blood in the semen and urine, disturbed normal urination, itching, burning, pain.For more information about chlamydia in men: symptoms, treatment
- Ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis
This latent infections, which are often asymptomatic, but when the reproduction of these pathogens is a massive character emerge and pain in the groin, in the urethra, the bladder.
In this disease, protozoan parasites multiply in the urethra in the prostate and seminal vesicles, causing a variety of symptoms - itching in the urethra and penis head, scarce frothy or pus, blood veins in the urine and semen, burning andpain, a man disrupted the entire urogenital system.
Gonokokki can also cause urinary disturbance.In acute gonorrhea felt cramps, burning sensation, redness, swelling of the urethra, copious purulent greenish-yellow or pale yellow.Pain quickly become almost unbearable, nuisance to urinate at all.In men, gonococcal infection can also affect the rectum.
Cancer of the prostate, kidney, bladder, intestines, etc.
of malignancy in the urinary bladder, prostate, rectum because of its proximity to the urethra when changing body position, squeezing the bladder -. Man may experience pain and a slight burning sensation whenurinating.In men with a violation of urination first is temporary, periodic in nature, then it becomes a constant, chronic.You can read the article Symptoms of bladder cancer
Diagnostics in case of urination disorders
Any violation of urination requires a visit to a doctor to undergo a complete examination to determine infectious or non-infectious causes of such pain.